Our Living Labs
5 automated vehicles (AVs)
of SAE level 4*
The commissioning and calibration of the Connected, Cooperative Automated Vehicles (CCAV) fleet will take 6 to 7 months. The demonstration will take up to 12 months
* The Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) defines six level of driving automation from 0 (no automation) to 5 (full automation)
Integration of traffic and CCAM fleet (last-mile mobility of people)
Tampere Living Lab will work with five SAE level 4 automated vehicles, fully equipped with environment perception sensors that can exchange ITS messages for manoeuvring or deviating.
The LL will implement a New Mobility Hub for public transport, connected fleet of CCAVs, micro-mobility devices, bicyclists and pedestrians.
- Enable CCAM services under the knowledge of parameters such as real-time traffic situations, users’ needs and behaviour, traffic management priorities, CCAV characteristics, and emerging mobility concepts.
- Promote interoperability and intermodality between automated vehicles and public transport.
- Integrate CCAM service with the entire traffic management system.
- Explore attainable business models for Tampere LL to implement and maintain the CCAM services.